Monday, December 29, 2008

Are you ready for 2009?!?!

It's hard to believe another year is wrapping up and soon a new one starts. This year has been one heck of a year for all of us as far as our economy goes. Unfortunately this is one of those things that will follow us into 2009.

As far as my personal life goes 2008 was a pretty good year and I am looking forward to another wonderful year with my family. My kids are healthy,we have a roof over our heads, food to eat and Mike has his job. What more can you ask for???

Of course I will make unrealistic New Years resolutions in hopes that this year I can actually follow through with them. For example maybe this time I can actually shred that baby weight, I have only been carrying it for 3 years.

I really just hope for a better year than this year and if that is possible then WONDERFUL!

Every New Years I get overwhelmed with emotions and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I am so happy and grateful we have all made it another year. Of course I have had my hard times this year but nothing compared to what some have had to overcome. There were many foreclosures and job losses. I hope the new year brings tons of blessings for all who had to go through these struggles.

So here is to a better year!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't make New Year's Resolutions, then you'll just guilt trip yourself if they're not accomplished. Instead I have an ongoing "goals in life" list that I'll occasionally check. It has things like 'get another college degree' and 'visit hawaii'. Some call it a "bucket list". It's been working a lot better for me than New Year's Resolutions!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Hope you have a wonderful new year! I gave up on new years resolutions, just try to be better each year :).

Stopping by from SITS :)

Anji said...

Hope you have a wonderful new year, you deserve it Mama!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I'm pretty impressed all the cookies turned out yummy. And I'm so glad they are leaving my house before I have to snack on them. The great thing about baking, I love making it all but for some reason I don't snack on them as much as if someone else brought them into the house.

Have a great day!

Kim said...

I get emotional around the end of the year too, I can't even explain why either. Hope your 2009 is fantastic!!!!

jodifur said...

Happy New Year!

Julie said...

I'm usually sleeping as the new year rolls in...does that count as emotional :P
Hope you and your family have a great 2009!